Crisis Assessment and Support Team
The Crisis Assessment and Support Team (CAST) is a 24 hour mental health crisis service for people age 16 years and older. The team is made up of clinicians specializing in mental health/addiction service.
- 24 hour phone line offering crisis assessment and support, education, and direction to community resources
- Face to Face crisis assessment and support of individuals admitted in an emergency department of Haldimand and Norfolk counties
- Crisis assessment and support of individuals urgently referred to CAMHS
- Face to Face short-term crisis counselling and referral to appropriate community service as required
- To offer supportive interventions to individuals experiencing a mental health crisis
- To link individuals during and following a crisis with the necessary community resources and support systems, including peer support, to prevent further crisis
- To support caregivers, including family members, in managing mental health crises through educational and problem-solving approaches.
All services are confidential and supplied without cost.