Wellness and Recovery Centre
We are a member-driven community program supporting people, age 16 and over, living with a mental illness, mental health challenge and/or addiction. We support wellness, recovery and quality of life through social recreation and educational opportunities, peer support and advocacy.
Recovery is a process of change through which individuals improve their health and wellness, live a self-directed life and strive to reach their full potential. The Centre uses a recovery model of service in designing and delivering programs and activities.
The Centre is structured with peer support at its core and foundation. Mental Health Peer Support is a relationship where an individual who has undergone, or is moving forward in their personal journey of recovery from, a mental illness assists other people with mental health issues to identify and achieve life goals as part of their own recovery process. It is about the sharing of life’s experiences, listening with understanding, and making connections based on common or shared life experiences and living with an illness.
Experiences of mental illness can provide opportunities for change, reflection and discovery of new values, skills and interests.
The Centre provides individuals with a safe, friendly place where they can socialize, connect, receive and give support with others through shared personal lived experiences.
- Individual and group peer support
- Recreation programs, outings, events
- Casual and organized social opportunities
- Member education and training opportunities
- Self-awareness and development activities
- Healthy lifestyle programs
- Art and creative opportunities
Membership at the Wellness & Recovery Centre provides:
- Access to Centre activities, events, outings
- Receipt of monthly events calendar
- Privileges to attend, contribute at monthly planning meetings
The Centre works actively, through community education, to promote awareness and understanding of mental illness and addiction. By destigmatizing mental illness and addiction, doors of opportunity are opened for individuals to grow to their full potential.
COMMUNITY EDUCATION AND OUTREACH:
- Mind * Body * Spirit Wellness Fair
- Igniting HOPE suicide prevention activities
- Mental Health & Wellness collection housed at Norfolk County Public Library, Simcoe Branch
- Public speaking presentation and community information displays.
Wellness & Recovery Centre
1-877-909-4357 extension 5
50 Orchard Avenue, SIMCOE ON N3Y 3H1
519-428-0580 extension 5
133 Queen Street, DUNNVILLE ON N1A 1H6