Specialized Geriatric Services
The Specialized Geriatric Services (SGS) Program provides non-emergency clinical assessment, consultation, treatment and education to older adults, their families and service providers who are, or know of, someone who is experiencing mental health issues combined with age-related difficulties.
The clinical team is comprised of registered nurses (RNs), social workers (SWs), intensive geriatric support workers (IGSWs), geriatricians and psychiatrists specializing in geriatrics.
- Assessment of mental status
- Medication review
- Supportive counseling
- Recommendations for treatment options
- Education and follow-up for clients, family members and caregivers
- Intensive support to link individuals with community services/resources
- Advocacy with other community support services and family members
- Home visits available
Family physician is notified and support sought to address any medical concerns or symptoms that may be present. If you know an older adult or are yourself suffering from a recent memory, behavioral or mental health issue, contact us at:
Office appointments are available in Townsend, Simcoe, Dunnville, and Caledonia
All services are confidential and supplied without cost.